This morning I again enjoyed breakfast with my roommate. I tried an omelet but won’t be doing that again. I’ll stick with cereal, scrambled eggs or pancakes from now on.
Today was orientation for the new arrivals. We spent the day listing to speakers from the different USACE offices. Some covered general procedures (safety, travel, security, etc) while others were more about business (legal, engineering and construction, etc). The most fascinating for me was the intelligence briefing. The presenter clearly knew what he was talking about and I could have listened to him all day. His overview was a quick history lesson and reminder of why we are here. It was easy to let my life back home keep this war in the back of my mind. I find that now I am frantically trying to get up to speed and gain a better understanding. The graphic images on the briefing slides definitely made an impact.
After work I decided to attempt laundry. To my pleasant surprise, the laundry room contains stackable Maytag washer dryers.
No comments:
Post a Comment