Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An evening with my friend

Last night was a welcome break.  My Navy friend and I finally connected and spent the evening together.  She arrived here about a month before me and lives on the far side of the base.  She came by after work and I gave her a tour of our compound.  Then we went to dinner over at the Asian DFAC.  It was pretty good.  I haven’t been able to get anyone else to go there because it is so close to the Poo Pond.  I understood what they meant when I walked out the door after dinner and got a big whiff.  Kind of ruins the dining experience.
After dinner she gave me tour of her living quarters.  Wow, I understood why she was envious of our shower when I saw hers.  The room was about the same only we have wardrobes and they don’t which makes a difference.  He roommate was nice.  Because of her rank she is only two to a room where most soldiers are three to a room.
I really enjoyed my visit and felt recharged after I said goodbye.  Living and working so close to each other makes a visit from an outsider very refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment