During the night last night I woke up to the sound of loud thuds. I am still trying to learn all the sounds Kandahar has to offer. I expected the alarms to go off but when they didn’t I knew that it wasn’t a rocket attack. It continued for what seemed like forever, but in reality was little more than an hour. I learned in the morning that the sound was that of outgoing rockets. Of course I don’t NEED to know what is going on, but I sure am curious.
While being away from my family and basic American routine is not fun, I will say that my job is. I love every second of it so far. Having a 3 minute commute to work is nice and the long hours really don’t seem so long when you enjoy what you do.This is my walk to work.
My desk.
Our compound is under construction which will hopefully be complete by spring. We are building both office space and lodging. The goal is single occupancy.
The door you can see is my room.
No comments:
Post a Comment