Saturday, January 29, 2011

Farewell Dinner

After a year, my boss is headed home.  Tonight was his big goodbye.  And it sure was memorable!  When you work and live with the same people every day, you bond.  You rarely have alone time which means your every action, good bad and embarrassing, is witnessed by someone.  The farewell dinner is the time for all those someones to step forward and reminisce about the most amusing and embarrassing events during your tour.  While I may not have been here for all of the stories told, I still had tears streaming down my face in laughter.
The highlight of the evening was a two sided poster.  The first side contained a PhotoShopped image of “Mattress Man” which accompanied a story of Andy reallocating a mattress…and getting caught.  The other was an image from the 80’s when my boss was in a rock band.  In the photo, he was playing the guitar in red spandex.  He had made the mistake of sharing his stories of being in this band and had even showed a few photos.  His roommate was kind enough to contact my boss’ wife who was more than willing to e-mail a copy.  That image was promptly blown up poster size to accompany the harassment.  What made this so funny is that my boss is so professional…rocker just doesn’t fit the image.
It was a fantastic evening and a great opportunity to remind me that I too will be in the hot seat one day and I need to watch what I do because everyone else will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment