Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Alarm without Snooze

I hit snooze a couple of times before ‘The Alarm’ went off.  This alarm I couldn’t ignore.  This was my first rocket attack in the morning.  Seriously?  I am not a morning person and sticking me in a confined space with someone who is loudly humming to a Spice Girls song on her iPod is not a good idea.  Next time, I’m bringing my own iPod into the bunker.  I’ll keep it in my jacket pocket with my socks.  : )
I have been asked quite a bit if I had been outside the wire yet.  The answer is no.  I do hope to get out but will only be allowed if it is Mission Critical.  It isn’t safe.  Several people have died from the rocket attacks on our base since I have been here.  This is definitely not a sight-seeing trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine, I continue to read your BLOG and wish I could be experiencing what you are experiencing being in Afghanistan. Wow it sounds like there is never a single day that goes by that is just an ordinary day which is my kind of life.

    Gail and I have tried to catch you on Skype, but to date we have not found you online. We might not have the right Skype address.

    Hey I was wondering where do all the supplies like food and water come from? Is it flown in or what.

    In any event please be safe and bring home a lot of pictures so I can see more.

    Your BLOG and Mikes Blog are great and will provide the kids someday a look back a what great parents they have!

    Best regards,

    Steve & Gail

    ReplyDelete