Monday, January 30, 2012

Back on KAF

We lose time flying back to the Middle East.  I left Orlando Saturday evening and arrived in Dubai Sunday evening.  I ended up waiting 2 hours for Bimi’s flight to arrive then we took a “ladies only” taxi to our hotel.  I jumped in the shower while Bimi went to the hotel restaurant to grab us a salad.  Just four short hours after we were in bed, we were up again.  We caught a taxi and headed to the airport for our flight back to KAF.  Luckily there was a Starbucks in the small local terminal where we could get a coffee and muffin.
Flying from Dubai is not direct and we had to make a stop at another military base on our way.  The first flight wasn’t full so Bimi and I had our own row of seats across from each other.  I quickly fell asleep and was woken by the flight attendant telling me we were landing.  During the layover we are allowed to walk around but we cannot get off the aircraft.  I watched a movie on the second flight and got back to Kandahar just after lunch.  By the time I got back, Mike and the kids had already had two full nights of sleep in their own beds.  From the time I arrived at the Orlando airport until I walked into my room was 37 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment