Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 9 - Cruise Day 1 - Port Canaveral

Mid-morning we were on the road on our way from Orlando to Port Canaveral and our “hotel on the water”.  We wanted the cruise to be a surprise for the kids and technically I didn’t lie.
The kids saw the cruise ships in the distance but didn’t think anything of it.  When we were right at the Carnival Dream, Jason said “that looks fun” and I replied “I sure hope so”.  That’s when we told them.  They were so excited.  Me too.
Mike dropped us off and went to return the rental car.  The kids and I snaked our way through the process but were stopped short of boarding.  They wouldn’t give us our ship boarding pass because I didn’t have the credit card that the cruise was reserved under.  We opened an account at the credit union last summer before I left again but I never got a debt card for it.  So we had to wait for Mike to show up.
The ship was nice but we liked the Royal Caribbean ship we said on in the Mediterranean better.  The Carnival Dream didn’t have family suites so we had two connecting rooms, each with a balcony.  They were good size rooms.
After we dumped our stuff in the rooms we went right to the buffet to eat.  We wandered around the ship and then watched from our balcony as we pulled away from the port.

No comments:

Post a Comment