Assuming that we wouldn’t survive back to back amusement parks all week combined with rain in the projected forecast, I scheduled today as a down day.
When I was at the spa earlier in the week, I really enjoyed the massage. The whole time I kept thinking that Mike would really enjoy it too. Mike is not a spa type of guy, so I was going to have to be creative to get him to go. The technician was so sweet and said that if I just got him in the door, she would take of the rest. I scheduled him an appointment and to take advantage of the promotion, paid in full. I knew he wouldn’t go for the manicure or pedicure but she said she would give him a longer massage instead.
Mike and I work because I am schedules and structure and he is laid back go with the flow. This worked to my advantage as I got us all out the door to go “shopping”. After I parked and we were out of the car, I told Mike that the kids and I were going shopping but that he was going to the spa. I should have had my camera out because the look he gave me was priceless.
Reluctantly he went (the fact that it was already paid for helped). The kids and I were at Kohl’s getting Jason some shorts that fit when Mike called to say he was finished. I was relieved when he got into the car and said “ok, I could do that again”. I was so glad he enjoyed it. He said he wouldn’t spend money to do it again because he can think of plenty of other things to spend $99 on. I was relieved. I tried to keep shopping but Mike was “coated in slime” and really wanted a shower.
Having a day off accomplished what I had hoped and we were all recharged.
No comments:
Post a Comment