Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mail

It is officially HOT!  It is only mid-March!  I just looked up on Yahoo Weather what the high was and it said 76 degrees.  No way.  It is easily in the 80’s.  I found another weather website that said 81 degrees which is closer.  Up until today it has been absolutely beautiful.  We have passed the rainy season which really wasn’t bad.  Almost all the water has dried up but the roads…oh the roads…  I don’t know if my explanation can do them justice.  I will see if I can get a photo.  They look kind of like a ski slope of moguls.
I went and picked up my Navy friend and we went to the Bazaar.  I do not like to haggle and the second they think you are interested in something they start “selling”.  I look a lot and buy little.  I seem to see new things every time I go. 
Mail call is every day for 30 minutes in the afternoon.  An e-mail is sent out with an attachment which lists everyone who received mail.  Logistically it is easier for me to shop on-line than it is to ask Mike to go to the store, search for what I need, package it up and go to the post office.  He does send packages on occasion but I usually know when they are coming.  That being said, I still open up the mail list every day.  Today I was surprised to see that I has a letter.  As soon as the mail room opened, I was there.  To my surprise, I received 19 wonderful letters and pictures from a second grade class in Las Vegas.  My sister’s friend is a school teacher and writing to me was a class project.  It was wonderful.  Now I am hard at work writing 19 letters back.

No comments:

Post a Comment