Saturday, March 5, 2011

Navy Seabees

I am so very fortunate to have my Navy friends here.  My girlfriend invited me to the Seabee Birthday celebration down at the Boardwalk.  That was THE BEST MEAL I have had since I arrived.  They had a barbeque going with roast beef and chicken.  I could tell that the bread and the coleslaw were from the DFAC but the chicken just melted in my mouth.  When I asked my friend  where they got it she said the DFAC.  I couldn’t believe it!  Apparently the Seabee doing the cooking was a reservist whose “real” job is as an Executive Chef.  That man has SKILLS!
After chow we walked down to the bazaar. I finally purchased something my children’s female classmates.  I still haven’t decided what to get the boys.  We only had a few minutes before they closed so I will have to look again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment